UI performance and large data set in Table Object

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:26:26 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:21 AM, mfstuart <mfstuart at cox.net> wrote:

>  I haven't tried storing data in a custom property as yet, but wouldn't that
>  render the same lack of performance behavior, where putting the data into a
>  stack of the UI?

No, because the engine doesn't have to think about how to display your
data, it's just storing whatever you put in there.

I got involved in a project were data was being stored in fields on
another card, so not even visible. The amount of data was getting
quite large, about 40,000 lines in each field. When I changed it to
storing the data in custom properties, the speed of adding new data
points dropped from around 3 seconds to about 5 ticks!

Cheers,
Sarah