upgrade pricing

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:14:03 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Colin Holgate <coiin at rcn.com> wrote:

> I recently bought Revolution, v2.8.1, and I'm getting the emails about
> a 2.9 upgrade. The upgrade price seems to be £149, which seems a lot
> for a 0.1 version increase, especially so soon after buying the
> product. Am I misunderstanding the pricing?

Yes :-)

£149 applies if your 1 year license has expired. I take 'recently bought'
meaning less than a year so you're entitled to an 'Early Update Pack':

http://www.runrev.com/buy/studio_early_update

which is £99.

If the e-mail you are talking about is the one about Pre-Order 2.9, then it
also mentions a 15% discount buy entering the supplied code at check-out, so
you'd actually be up for £85. Important to note that if you purchased an
Update Pack today your license is extended by a year, NOT from today, but
from whenever your current license is due to expire. You loose nothing by
updating early, just gain the discounted price.

Interesting, to 'reward my loyalty' to keeping my license updated I am
entitled to..... the same 15% discount using the same discount code. Ghee I
wonder what the disloyal scum got ;-))

I just went over to Rev and purchased the Early Update with the discount and
it came to £84:15. I did to provide accurate info to this List (and if you
believe that you'd believe that loyalty bit really tugged at my heart
strings ;-)

Already got an e-mail from Rev telling me they've got my order and it will
be fully processed in 2 days.