Dialog Stack Design Questions

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Wed Feb 20 08:58:07 EST 2008

I'm wondering what is the "recommended" way of handling a lot of dialog
boxes in applications.  There are a couple of way of handling this that
I've thought of but I don't know what would be considered "best:"

1) A separate stack for each dialog.
    Pros: Sizing, function (information only, getting user input, etc)
can be implemented without worrying about it's effect
             on other dialogs.
    Cons: You need the basic "stack overhead" repeated over and over for
each dialog

2) One dialog stack with multiple cards (one for each dialog).
    Pros: Single stack overhead (smaller file size)
    Cons: Every time a dialog is opened, the correct card has to be
selected and then the stack has to be resized for that particular
      dialog.

3) Some other approach.

Any advice? I know I could use either one and make it work but I looking
for "best practice" advice.

Thanks!

Len Morgan