removing ask/answer/msg substacks from old mc stacks

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Feb 19 12:54:05 EST 2008

On Tue Feb 19, 2008, Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> thanks, but right now i cant go back to mc as i just upgraded to a mac
> pro and leopard so forced lepoard upgrade on the g4 laptop, so no os9
> right now. pc also died and windoz is not set up on the new mac yet.
> in the past i had stripped out the offending window resources for the
> message, ask and answer with some combo of rev versions, but ive tried
> several attempts at different combos and the message box keeps coming
> up as an error that its still there (even though the application
> browser does not show it there...

I do not know *how* old your MC-stacks are, but you do not need OS 9 to
run the Metacard IDE with the current Revolution engines and there are
no problems with MC on Leopard.

I do not know about the message box, but I prefer to keep the Metacard
answer- and ask-dialogs in my stacks - even when I use these stacks in
the Revolution IDE - because the MC answer- and ask-dialogs aren't that
oversized as the Rev dialogs and I have the option to place the MC
dialogs anywhere on a stack or the screen (and not just at the center of
the stack).

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>