RevCGI Hosts?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:57:16 EST 2008

> And some other questions...do I rename revolution.x86 to
> revolution.cgi?

Not "revolution.cgi". Just, "revolution". Because that's
what the first line of your helloworld script calls it.

> how does it know to run with the
> revolution.cgi?

The way I understand this mystery is that the first line
of your script tells your webhost's server what cgi engine
it is intended for.

A couple of other newbie things to watch out for and
which I still overlook:  be sure to set the permissions (chmod)
of "revolution" and your scripts to 755; and, type your scripts
in a no-frills text editor, or else you'll have invisible end-of-line
characters mysteriously gumming up your scripts.

Cheers,
Nicolas Cueto