Split is Behaves Unexpectedly?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Feb 18 19:11:06 EST 2008

Chipp Walters wrote:
> Katirswami,
>
> If you don't get any answers, I'd suggest creating a 'stack version' of the
> problem, then post it and others can take a look. Most of us don't have a
> Rev server available to test scripts on.
>
> -Chipp

right... good idea  --- also we get to see if we can reproduce in a
different context

bad news is : yes... appears to be broken

we are running 2.6.1 for Linux on the web server and

this is also broken in 2.9

go stack url
"http://www.himalayanacademy.com/runrev/stacks/TestSplitData.rev"

on mouseUp
  # Test Split

put  fld "dataIn" into testData

------------
> 1|2|3|4
> 5|6|7|8
> 9|10|11|23
> ------------

 repeat for each line thisline in testdata
 split thisline by "|"
put thisline[1] & cr after tOutput
 put thisline[2]  & cr after tOutput
 put thisline[3]  & cr after tOutput