RevCGI Hosts?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Feb 18 18:00:10 EST 2008

Chipp,

they have many hosting plans with different abilities, I've migrated
three times, going to higher level plans everytime since they offer
some nice discounts for upgrading.

The first thing is to decide if you simply want a hosting account or a
full blown virtual private server. Both are cheap, I have a VPS.

The vps plans are here: http://www.jaguarpc.com/vps-hosting/
The hosting plans are here: http://www.jaguarpc.com/shared-hosting/

I'd avise to go with a VPS, they are more powerful and you have access
to a full blown linux environment where you can install anything.

One good thing is to keep an eye at their discount forum where they
give time limited discount cupons, with one of those you ca have 50%
more diskspace and other benefits for free.

the discount thread is here
http://www.jaguarpc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

So what you do is register for an account, they after some time, they
send you an email with all the login info. You can access your files
by FTP and you have SSH enabled so you can drop to the terminal to do
hands on setup if you want.

I've devised a nice way to setup Revolution for multiple hosts on the
same linux which might be nice to use. I've been using it in many
projects, it's easier since a central revolution repository is able to
work for many virtual domains, this way, it's easier to maintain the
server.

Right now I have a Freedon VPS plan with some benefits such as 50%
more disk and RAM and some reseller softwares that enable me to resell
accounts on my box. I am not in the business of reselling yet but I
use this features to create accounts for my clients.

JaguarPC support works very well and I never stood more than some
hours without an answer and a solution. Their ticket system works very
well.

If you have any doubts you can just drop an email :-D

Cheers
andre