Blocking resize

Sakari Ruoho sakari.ruoho at academica.com
Mon Feb 18 08:04:16 EST 2008

Hiya Mark,

I should learn to state my problem better.. sorry for that.

The basic idea is that I want the user to be able to use the pointer
tool where some objects can be resized and some can't. The objects
which cannot be resizen are groups with objects in them. I call them
components.

As I understand, while the pointer tool is chosen, the revolution
don't send mouseDown messages, correct?

Now the grab command would do this for me, but then I would have to
change the tool to browser and keep the pointer cursor in order to
'cheat' the user thinking that the tool is not changing. Maybe this is
the only way to achieve this, but this is why I'm asking. Playing with
cursors and tools gets the code much more messy, so I want to avoid
this if possible.

Maybe the problem is not a programming problem, but application design
one. Still lots to learn from Revolution I reckon :D

Sakari Ruoho