selecting lines in a field

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctortimothyMiller.com
Sat Feb 16 19:43:30 EST 2008

Hi,

After all these years, still a beginner... sigh...

A multi-line field. Locked. Focusable. Autohilite and listbehavior
are true. Normally, I'd turn on "multi-line" and "non-continguous"
and I'd be good to go. Later on, a script will get the hilitedlines
of this field.

Except...

I use "---" as a separator, and some lines are deliberately blank,
for the sake of readability.

If I click on "---" or a blank line, I'd like to leave that line un-
hilited, without disturbing the other hilitedlines in the field.

--also--

Line 1 = "Clear"

If I click on line 1, I'd like to set all the hilitedlines to false,
including the hilite of line 1.

I think I know the necessary commands and properties, though one
can't be certain in my case. I've realized I might need to turn off
the mulit-line or non-contiguous property and script some field
behavior manually. I've tried various possibilities by trial and
error, but I can't seem to put the pieces together. Now I'm stuck.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Tim