Issuing "sudo" cmds + password from Rev Scripts

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Feb 16 17:36:36 EST 2008

Hi Sivakatirswami,

A nice way to do this is to use AppleScript:

do shell script "a shell command here" with administrator privileges

and another way is to pipe the password. Here is an example that
empties the trash:

on mouseUp
   ask "Enter your password"
   if it is not empty then
     put it into myPW
     put "#!/bin/sh" & cr into myScript
     put "pw=" & quote & myPW & quote & cr after myScript
     put "echo $pw | sudo rm -rf ~/.Trash/*" & cr after myScript
     put shell(myScript) into myCheck  -- do the command & get the
result
   end if
end mouseUp

Unfortunately, you will have to make a password dialog window to do
this correctly.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Convert colours between different colour spaces with Color Converter.
Download at http://economy-x-talk.com/cc.html

Op 16-feb-2008, om 23:26 heeft Sivakatirswami het volgende geschreven: