Flash or Quicktime?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Feb 15 15:08:54 EST 2008

Fascinating Richard, didn't know about Flip4Mac.

Do the standard Rev calls work with WMV? CurrentTime, PlayStopped,
etc? Didn't know that either. Good stuff.

Regarding Linux, my Asus eee seems to play streaming WMV's just fine
with the default installation of mPlayer. Perhaps a more savvy Linux
guru can weigh in on the matter.

Thanks for posting. BTW, here are the most current stats I could find
regarding Quicktime vs Flash market share:
http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/npd/#item-4

It shows QT at 68.4% and Flash at 98.8%. It also shows Windows Media
Player at 83%.

best,
Chipp