shortcut keys rarely working

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Fri Feb 15 13:45:36 CST 2008


Mark,

It wouldn't hurt to try a fresh re-install. I don't know what other  
plugins, or anything else may have affected your keystrokes so  
dramatically. When i made my previous comments, I was not limiting the  
focus problem with keystrokes to just cmd+c,x,v, btw.

It's stuff like this that made me want to create a script editor in a  
separate application space...which we did with the Concept Editor. I  
should have perhaps taken the idea beyond concept.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Daniels & Mara, Inc.
Makers of GLX2
http://www.daniels-mara.com/glx2



On Feb 15, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> It's beyond copy, cut, paste at this point on my machine.  Select  
> all, commenting/uncommenting, saving, opening/closing message box,  
> everything that should work more often than not doesn't.   The only  
> way I can get anything done is to use the menubar.  All shortcuts  
> seem to be shortcircuited... not always, but more often than not.   
> Anyone else experiencing behavior like this?
>
> I'm using Leopard, Rev 2.8 and 2.9, GLX2.
>
> I read somewhere that there is a possible corruption of the  
> preferences file that can get in the way of things, but I'm  
> wondering if a complete reinstall is not the best answer.
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
>
> On Feb 15, 2008, at 8:19 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> Trevor has tracked down a very bothersome engine bug that seems to  
>> isolate the problem: FOCUS. Once a Rev application (the IDE is an  
>> application, btw) has a bunch of nested groups, the engine has to  
>> be coerced into knowing what the focused object (field) really is.  
>> This is where the keystrokes "go." And sometimes even coercion does  
>> not work. Based on Trevor's detective work, I'm starting to believe  
>> this is an engine bug--which has been reported and which is being  
>> worked on presently by the lads and lasses in Scotland.
>>
>> Perhaps Mr. T or others in the know would care to comment.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jerry Daniels
>>
>> Daniels & Mara, Inc.
>> Makers of GLX2
>> http://www.daniels-mara.com/glx2
>>
>>
>>
>> On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Mark Swindell wrote:
>>
>>> Shortcut keys are becoming a thing of the past, far more than just  
>>> copy, cut, paste.  This is in the IDE using GLX2 (or not), Studio  
>>> or Enterprise Beta.  Do I need to do a complete reinstall to get  
>>> thing back to normal?  Are there files that need to be dumped?   
>>> Please advise.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mark
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-revolution mailing list
>>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
>>> subscription preferences:
>>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list
>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>>
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution




More information about the use-livecode mailing list