Temporary custom properties

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 17:34:35 EST 2008

Well, there are several options that don't require any real effort.

Any object can store custom properties.
Any object can store these in property sets.

----- put this into a new stack, then double click
on mouseDoubleUp
  set the closet["shoebox1"] of this stack to  "good vibes"
  set the closet["shoebox2"] of this stack to  "better vibes"
  set the musicTrack["slideOne"] of this stack to  "Peaceful sounds.aif"
  set the videoTrack["slideOne"] of this stack to  "demo widget.mov"

  put the custompropertysets of this stack into listing
  put return & return after listing
  get the customproperties["closet"] of this stack
  combine it using cr and tab
  put it after listing
  put listing into msg

  set the custompropertysets of this stack to empty
  --      *poof they are gone*
end mouseDoubleUp
------------ end copy

set the property set "myTempData" of this stack to empty
"poof they are gone"
set the property set "myTempData" of card 1 of this stack to empty
"poof they are gone"
set the property set "myTempData" of card id 3422 of this stack to empty
"poof they are gone"

Globals have the advantage that they can be used by any stack that is open,
since globals are owned by Revolution.  They persist until Revolution quits
or you use the command 'delete global myTempData'

The ease of using the custom properites is that you can
set the customPropertiesSets of this stack to empty
and delete all the data in one line of code.

Hope this helps.  There is more than one way to design your variable
handling, all of which work, most of which involve keeping the data in RAM
when the stack is opened.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas