put into named field weirdness

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 11 11:59:39 EST 2008

Russell Martin wrote:

> In the end, the only thing I could get to work in my readPrefsFile
> handler was like this:
>
> put lNewFilesList into field "FilesField" of cd "card id 1002" of stack
> "[SHORT_NAME_OF_STACK"

If a long reference works but a short one doesn't, that usually
indicates that "this stack" isn't what you think it is. Some other stack
is the defaultstack and doesn't have the same fields.

One way to track this is to put a debugging line of code into your
openstack handler right before the line that errors:

   put the name of this stack

When the handler runs, look at the message box to find out what the
engine thinks "this stack" is.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com