Cols and rows in field

Josep jmyepes at mac.com
Tue Feb 5 04:12:53 EST 2008

Hi,

Inmersed into revolution I have more questions...

I'm using fields with TabStop to show tabular data from a database. It's
only a list of all the products that exist in the database, these list have
3 cols.

Code + Name + Price

Frist problem, if the name have more o less length the col num 3 is moved
and break the cols. I need that all the cols have a fixed length independent
of her length, cutting letters if is necesary.

Second problem, I select more cols from the database that I don't show in
the list, but I need if I like to update the product details later. I need
the primary key col but I don't want to show it.

PK + Code + Name + LongDescription + Price + NewProduct

6 cols but only want show the 2on, 3th, 5th and 6th, but I need accesible
the 1st.

And the 6th col must be translated to a minicon depending fo the value. Like
star if is a new product, a brown box if a updated product, etc.. the same
for other fields in the database if are needed.

The question is how is better organize this and how is better do the change
for the data for the html code to represent the graphical icons.

Any code sample are wellcome.:working:

uff... I hope my english will be clever :)

Cheers,
Josep