External functions

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:29:04 EST 2008

> I've now been using this update architecture for a little over a year
> now. Over that year I've seen a number of users write in thinking that
> they weren't running the latest update because the File Info dialog
> for the executable said 1.x instead of 1.x.x (The about box does
> report the proper version though).

Trevor, I use a similar sort of thing and almost never update the
actual application, just the sub-stacks. I store the app's version in
one of the sub-stacks, so I can update it that way. That doesn't
affect the File Info but you could do that yourself by editing the
plist file when you update.

Cheers,
Sarah