Finding a specific Windows volume

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon Feb 4 14:09:57 EST 2008

I'm looking for suggestions on how to find out if a specific USB
camcorder is attached to a users computer (Windows only), and if it
is, which volume identifies it. If the camcorder is attached, there
will be a specific directory on it which I can use to help identify it.

Let's say I am looking for a folder called "DCIM" on an attached USB
drive. Doing this on Windows Vista causes all kinds of problems.

repeat with i = number of lines of the volumes down to 1
    if there is a folder (line i of the volumes & "/DCIM) then
       put true into foundit
       exit repeat
    end if
end repeat