Filtering array vs plain list

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 12:35:47 EST 2008

What you are doing looks fine.

The speed depends on a few factors, which Richard Gaskin very carefully
studied about month or two ago.   His analysis was thorough and correct, and
his suggestions were right on the mark for optimizing the performance of the
filter command.

Filter works faster if the patterns are simple and operate on the left most
data.  Shorter lines = faster processing.

(suggestion:  never use a variable name that is also reserved word in the
computer language you are using, in this case Rev.)
thus don't use  {  a   item   word  filter  image   btn  fld   }
use "aaa" "bbb" "ccc" "itemm"  "wordd" "fldd" "nonreserved"

Jim Ault
Las Vegas