Menu bars on main stack and different menus on substacks

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Dec 29 12:34:17 EST 2008

Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:

> Why do you want to do that?
>
> Might it be easier to just follow Apple's guidelines and enable/disable
> menus items as needed?
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Fourth World
>   Revolution training and consulting: http://www.fourthworld.com
>   Webzine for Rev developers: http://www.revjournal.com

I had been doing that, enabling and disabling items but I have added a
feature to a new card so now one menu item should have submenus on one
card and no submenus on another card.  This is how I would like the file
menu to appear.

Card 1

File
	New Project...
	Open Project...
	Save Project
	Close Project

Card 3
File
	New Project
		>from existing movie...
		>from recording...
	Open Project
	Save Project
	Close Project

To this point I just disabled the New Project item on card three and
added a New Project menu button to the card that shows the two options
when clicked.  I want to move that function back into the menu for
consistency so that Is why I was looking at changing the menu bar.  I
guess the other way is to change the menu so that there are three
submenus to handle all options and enable them depending on the context.

Martin