[ANN] Merry Stykzmas! Stykz Public Beta for Mac is Released

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 27 02:05:18 EST 2008

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:57:11 -0600
> From: Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com>
> Subject: [ANN] Merry Stykzmas!  Stykz Public Beta for Mac is Released
> To: Use Revolution List <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Hey everyone! I wanted to let you all know that I've *finally*
> gotten the
> public beta of the Mac version of the stick figure animation
> program Stykz
> out the door and on its own site (www.stykz.net).

So that is what has become of that stick figure. I didn't see that
coming . I thought it was just to be a stick figure. Very inventive.
VERY SLICK.

> Some of you who were at the last RevCon in Las Vegas may recall me
> discussing Stykz and the impact that stick figure animation has had
> on my
> children and how popular it has become.

I can see how the kids would be thrilled with it. It empowers them!
Gives them a chance to be creative in a very rich environment.

That is what I saw in Turtle Graphics some years ago. TG is a bit
more advance, but again it gives children a chance to be in control.
When I was a kid, that first opportunity to be in control was sitting
next to my father when he was driving and him letting me take the
wheel--cars had bench seats in those days. Got to go LEFT, RIGHT,
FORWARD, BACK (well maybe not BACK) with an entire car.

And I can't begin to image the work that went into the polish--above
and beyond. Congratulations!

Jim Hurley