Andre's post: Rev and the Web...

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Fri Dec 26 15:48:41 EST 2008

Randall,

Read the docs on sockets. It's actually not that much harder that what
you describe below, but you're going to have to at least try it =).
Once you have a few handlers working, you can have your own higher
level API.

put "127.0.0.1:8080" into myServer
open socket to myServer
write myClientMessage to myServer

and...

accept connections on port 8080 with message "clientConnection"

on clientConnection tSocket
   read from tSocket until empty with message "myClientMessage"
end clientConnection

on myClientMessage tData
    bla bla bla
end myClientMessage

If you really want a game server, you're gonna have to work at the
socket level. The above IS "high level" socket programming. As you've
mentioned, you don't want to just fetch URLs which is the point at
which xTalk really abstracts away the details.