HC to Rev conversion help needed

Dale Pond dalesvp at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 26 14:05:52 EST 2008

I need some help. I have a HC stack that was written by a friend who
no longer computes. Which means it is up to me to convert but it's
scripting is way over my head. I've attempted it but only partially
made it work. I use this stack every day in HC but cannot use it at
all with the Rev stacks. The stack is a very powerful search stack
that can search any number of stacks ASAP and return the word, string
or phrase found plus the line it is found in. Clicking on this line
takes one to the card. I use this stack to search through more than
130 stacks for quotes and references. It uses the FIND command so it
searches every word in every field.....

If someone could repair (or guide me to repair) the scripts in this
stack plus add a new Field of Stacks to search and eliminate the
additional cards it creates because HC had limited field capacity I
would donate the stack to the Rev community. And maybe clean up its
appearance a bit. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
The stacks are located here:

Original HC stack
http://www.svpvril.com/HC/HyperSearch.hqx

Partially converted Rev stack