Linux user Application Data folder path

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Dec 26 12:59:18 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

On both Mac and Linux you should use ~/applications. There preferences
folder is for preferences files, not for standalone applications.

One possible location for a preferences file on Linux is the home
directory. Make sure to start the name of the file with a period, to
hide it under normal circumstances. The global variable $HOME returns
the path to the home directory.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum

We are always looking for new projects! Feel free to contact us to
discuss your custom software project!