Widow control

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:41:43 EST 2008

One entire record varies from one line (not a problem) to several hundred
lines. The actual fields in the real scenario are 37 lines long. Since the
same field is used over and over again (as each page is sent to the printer)
the number of fields is x. The lines of data are meant to fill the 37 lines
as much as possible without having an orphan.  One orphan set never runs
more than 30 lines.
The page numbering goes in another field. I was only showing it because it
has to be calculated in advance because it will vary because of the
widow/orphan control.

It is kind of simple now that you describe it that way I think my problem
was that I normally do this on the fly instead of going through the whole
thing first.

http://www.bluewatermaritime.com