Online EFL exercises for Offline use?

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 12:31:32 EST 2008

I was looking at:

http://a4esl.org/q/h/mc006-ck.html

and thought; that would be good to throw at some kids in the school.

HOWEVER: I don't have internet access in the school because it is both
expensive and a distraction from the job in hand.

So, I put together a stack with a scrolling text-field and did this:

set the htmlText of fld "fTEXT" to URL "http://a4esl.org/q/h/mc006-ck.html"

and I got the formatted text of the webpage; but not the buttons.

Then it occurred to me that a RR-based web-browser was not what I needed.

What I need is a reverse of the stack I authored about 5 years ago
with Marielle Lange (then based in Edinburgh, and then, not being
either anti-Runtime Revolution or anti-Richmond): a stack that would
convert HTML into RR.

This is probably a naive question:  Has anybody done this successfully?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.