[OT] If programming languages were religions...

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Tue Dec 23 00:11:20 EST 2008

Gee, how would that confuse anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com>
To: "How to use Revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: 12/22/2008 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [OT] If programming languages were religions...

On 22/12/08 at 09:05 -0800 Randall Lee Reetz apparently wrote:
>If I go to amazon to purchase a programming system, I will ask for a
>product by name.  If I am comparing language families it would be
>ridiculous to list Rev next to C.  If I was to mention Rev, I would
>have to then refer to CodeWarrior and such instead of C.
>
>xTalk is to C as Revolution is to CodeWarrior.

Randall, I wonder whether you are not being confused by "Revolution"
refering to two different things nowadays.

Revolution is parallel to Codewarrior as the IDE.
Revolution is parallel to C or SmallTalk as the language.

The language of Revolution used to be called Transcript, but not that
long ago, RunRev decided to rename the language to Revolution.

Robert