[OT] If programming languages were religions...

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 15:12:50 EST 2008

The answer to the "how much has Runtime Revolution brought to
the table" question is answered like any visit to a buffet lunch:

1. Crank up a Macintosh that can run Hypercard (if you can find one),

2. Crank up any PC or Mac (with the exception of that Iyonix,
   A9-Home and Advantage 6 you just happen to have) and run
   Runtime Revolution on it,

Now, just to be "b**chy":

3. Crank up any PC or Mac and go to:

   http://www.hot.com.my/metacard/

  and pop MetaCard 2.5 on to your system, [i.e. MetaCard just before
  it became dependent on a Runtime Revolution engine].

NOW, roll up your sleeves . . .

Try these:

I.  download "Grabbed Object.rev" from revOnline (under 'Richmond');
    try duplicating the stack in HyperCard . . . . . .

II. I don't know if 'inks' work in Metacard 2.5 (Grabbed Object has
    an INK feature when you drag the 'X' across the "Idea by Richmond"
    image).

Now "Grabbed Object.rev" took me 15 minutes to put together with Runtime
Revolution 2.0.1 - RR 3 is way ahead of that; and I have a funny feeling that Runtime Revolution are not sitting around on their laurels.

Of course, my silly "Grabbed Objects" stack is a nothing when compared
to the capabilities of Runtime Revolution; but HC cannot even do that.

Mr Reetz ought to take a cold shower and reconsider both his position and
his attitude.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.