[OT] If programming languages were religions...

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Dec 21 18:20:44 EST 2008

Ahhh, the age-old battle between 'splitters' and 'lumpers'.

I guess we you adopt a (Linnean) taxonomic metaphor then...

If you're a splitter then:
xTalk is the genus (language group) and Revolution/Hypertalk/Supertalk are
the species (languages)

But if you're a lumper then:
xTalk is the species (language) and Revolution/Hypertalk/Supertalk are the
subspecies (language variants)

Personally I couldn't care either way. Revolution is what it is.

Terry...