How to zip a folder?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Dec 15 13:18:10 EST 2008

Tiemo,

I've been down this road before.
Check out the Linux/Unix command

tar

it will 'tar' together the hierarchy into one file, which then can
easily be zipped.
It not only preserves the files and folders in situ, but also EMPTY
folders that are required to place the files in exactly the same
spot.   This allows dropping say, an 'update' folder on top of
another foldrer and only the files that are represented in the tar
folder will change  in the receiving folder.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o