Core Midi

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Dec 14 13:39:20 EST 2008

Beat-

Saturday, December 13, 2008, 7:31:39 AM, you wrote:

> If there are more people who would like to get involved in getting

> real time Midi data from and to Revolution going,

What you were talking about on the web forum is a way for Rev to
communicate midi information to other *applications* running on the
same machine in a generic manner, which is *quite* different from
sending midi data over a cable. There are many ways of packaging up
the midi info and sending it to other devices, but communicating with
other applications is much harder, especially since you want to do
this in a cross-platform manner.

ReWire is promising, although Propellerheads' licensing is byzantine.
I've written an OSC library for rev (it's in my MakeBoard stack in
revOnline), but again it's limited to talking to devices that support
OSC.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net