Spell check in a text field (how do I)

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Dec 11 15:27:08 EST 2008

I wrote a spell checker once in HC. I kept a dictionary (265,000 words) in a
separate file. I loaded that file into memory and did a search for each word
in my text. If a word found no match in the dictionary, I was notified. My
program suggested nearby possible words based on slight misspellings.

In Rev, you could keep the dictionary in a field (not having the textEdit
limits, which is very nce), or in a library somewhere.

Craig Newman