Leopard button problem

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 10 16:20:09 EST 2008

Peter Brigham wrote:
> I have some buttons that should look like standard (rounded ends)
> buttons that are now appearing as rectangle buttons. Is there a
> workaround for this???

Under Leopard, standard buttons only take on the rounded appearance at
the standard size, 24 pixels or less.  At 25px and up they take on the
rectangle appearance.

The push button controls used by Apple are 22px tall.  Just lay them out
as Apple does and your UI should look great.

The specs for control sizes used to be in the OS X HIG, but
double-checking this morning I can find only the specs for the spacing
between controls, and not for the controls themselves.

This seems an odd omission.

Did I merely miss this, or did Apple actually forget to include control
size specs in the most recent HIG?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation