Show Globals

Fred moyer fmoyer at aol.com
Wed Dec 10 14:54:44 EST 2008

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean.  Globals are global in scope, available to
> any script with a matching global declaration.

Yes, but why would anyone want to see them when debugging a script
that doesn't refer to them? For example, if I have a button whose
script is:

on mouseup
    global  gBeginTime
    put the time into gBeginTime
    put the date into tDate
end mouseup

When debugging this, I want to see the following variable list:

gBeginTime   11:24 PM
tDate  11/18/08

Instead I see a gigantic list of globals that have been called by
other stacks (I am creating a very complex set of stacks that run my
business.) Simply scrolling down from gBeginTime and tDate will take
forever and it's really confusing because you click on the scrollbar
and nothing happens for over 5 seconds, and you're not sure you
clicked on the scrollbar, so you click again, and then when it
finally scrolls, it's gone too far. It is a similar situation when I
press the scroll arrows or drag the slider. With all of these globals
listed, there are these long delays.