Show Globals

Fred moyer fmoyer at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 19:07:08 EST 2008

Hi everyone. Am I the only one for whom the script editor on 3.0 is
glacially slow? It is almost impossible at times to code, especially
when I have lots of huge globals loaded.

For that matter, in Preferences, it seems that checking or unchecking
"Show Globals" in the Script Editor area makes no difference. I still
see all of my globals (as well as $User and other $ variables)
listed. Simply comparing 2 variables if they start with say A and Z
can take 20 seconds or more.

Stepping through scripts is also unbelievably slow.

All of this wouldn't be so bad if the variables were not locked
underneath the script so that the variable list by definition must be
short requiring lots of scrolling up and down.

Are there any workarounds? For example:

- Is it possible for example to truly not see globals that are not
referred to in a particular script?
- Is it possible to have Revolution use the old style script editor?
(I notice that the present script editor is called
"revNewScriptEditor" which implies an element of experimentation.)
- Is it possible to drag the Variable list away from the window?

Incidentally, I noticed when starting to report a bug today, I saw
that one of the choices was Revolution 3.5.0 Is there a new version
available??

Thanks
Fred Moyer