Linux Distro choices [was: Ubuntu...etc]

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 12:37:55 EST 2008

Stephen, you might as well write, that at one point you considered fooling
around with programming, but there were too many languages to choose from.
Its pretty simple, just pick any one of Bob's and my mainline choices,
install it, and use it.  You'll have a different experience from Windows or
Mac, with different issues, but it will be no more complicated and no more a
Tower of Babel than with them.  Whichever you pick will work.

Remember, when we are offering advice to Mikey, its to a guy who already is
doing multi boot with various Linux distros, and is interested in the
subject.  We'd take a rather different approach for someone who just wanted
a computer running Linux to work on.  I don't suppose the people I install
it for even know there is such a thing as a distribution, and why should
they?

Peter