Linux Distro choices [was: Ubuntu...etc]

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Tue Dec 9 11:46:39 EST 2008

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> Well at one point I considered 'fooling around' with Linux. Not
> anymore. I don't have that much time to fiddle. What a tower of Babel.

Exactly... (I'm about to commit heresy) A computer is a tool.
I used an ARM Rics Machine for my degree work in 1995 it was the best
tool with a custom bit of SW. A wallstreet with MacOS8.5 for my PhD
Windows for my next job then Windows and Now a 4 core Powermac. All the
best tools for the job.
I use linux for desktop work because it doesn't crash as much as XP
(well at all). I use Mandriva for ease of use. Once a month I go back to
windows for one file for 30 mins work then back to linux for a smooth
day to day OS most of the time I work away uninterupted. That is why I
use Mandriva at work. I dont get paid to mess around.

It is all horses for courses. :-)

Cheers
Bob