[OT] Ubuntu 8.10: headaches and nothing else.

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 10:49:13 EST 2008

Sorry, Richard, I was just trying to help you get around it.

There are other issues as well.  For example, in a clean 8.1 install,
I have HPLIP (a sophisticated manager for HP printers).  I decided to
uninstall it to try something, except when it uninstalled, it took all
my network services with it.  Reboot - nothing.  Reboot - nothing.
Reinstall HPLIP - all's right with the world.

Ubuntu definitely isn't anywhere near perfect, or anywhere near the
polish of the Big Two, but I really like it, the price is sure right,
and Compiz really blows everyone's socks off when I show it to them.