Newbie

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 13:55:14 EST 2008

On 12/5/08 9:10 AM, "dunbarx" <dunbarx at aol.com> wrote:

> How do you live without Rinaldi? I know that it is possible to work around
> anything, one always could. But I am going to miss "fullFind".

I used to live with the Rinaldi library, but you will discover that Rev
needs very little in the way of extentions.

Check out F. Rinaldi's own site for his take on Rev and any updates he has
done.

in fact, Rinaldi is built into the Rev Documentation feature
Try this..
In Rev, go to the menu and choose "Documentation"
then click on "Search"
then choose Web Database at the top of the palette.
Now type in "Rinaldi"
Double click on the choice "Rev Stuff_Frederic Rinaldi"

Also try "extension"

( quoted from http://rinaldicollection.free.fr/)
Note to Revolution Users

Transcript being so fast, some externals has been rewritten using it.
Those are now checkmarked in a new "RR" column appearing in the XCMD
Collection list.
You simply have to copy the script to your stack in order to have all your
existing calls
to the external work identically, including original parameters.

By the way, you should try discovering two tools that help with learning the
rich Rev environment:
Application Browser in the Tool menu,
and explore the authoring power of Find & Replace in the Edit menu

Welcome to Rev and hope you find it very rewarding

Jim Ault
Las Vegas