Newbie

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 11:43:17 EST 2008

All;

Kind of. I am an experienced HC author, trying this rev thing out.

Spent an hour learning that the message box is married to the stack it
was opened with.

If I create a stack and fool around with the msg box, then go to
another stack, all my efforts to do simple tasks fail. Why? Because
the names of objects were invalid, since msg was still linked to the
earlier stack. I only got a clue to this when I used object numbers
instead of names, and of course there it does not matter, and my
simple commands worked. I closed msg and reopened it with the second
stack in front. No problem.

My question is, why on earth? And more important, where does it say
this anywhere in the docs. At least msg should say so.

I see the benefits of Rev. I miss the natural, almost perfect
transparency of you know what. And I know that thread is old.

Hello, Jacqueline.

Craig Newman