variable storage

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 07:19:39 EST 2008

On 5 Dec 2008, at 06:09, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Thomas McGrath wrote:
>
>> Mark, Yes except that the properties does not store ALL of the
>> possible properties of an object. So it is not a perfect match to
>> the  original object.
>
> I believe "the properties" contains all modiable properties of an
> object, so that if you apply that to the template object along with
> "the script" and "the customProperties" you'll effectively recreate
> the object in all respects except for ID, which can be handled with
> the altID property if needed.

The properties contains the ID, but not the antialiased. Therefore,
this is not true, in fact, there is no way to get all changeable
properties (or every unchangeable property a single object may have)
at once, without creating a custom collection function. This of course
makes a lot of things very complicated, including making your own
default objects, creating custom property viewers, and introduces
various problems for custom debugging and profiling.

I'm sure there's an enhancement request for this, but I can't find it
(it's hard to search for anything that contains "properties")...
Should I file one?

--

official ChatRev page:
http://bjoernke.com/runrev/chatrev.php