difference between function and command and sending parameters

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Mon Dec 1 18:18:28 EST 2008

William, if your example is as simple as it seems, I'd probaly not
bother with an array, and use chunks instead,
However, for bigger data I'd do something like this, in Rev 3.0

on mouseUp
   put myTest() into tBigArray
   put tBigArray[1] into myArray
   put tBigArray[2] into mySimpleVariable
   put the keys of myArray
end mouseUp

function  myTest
   put "app" into tArray[1][1]
   put "win" into tArray[1][2]
   pit "lin" into tArray[1][3]
   put 2 into tArray[2]
   return tArray
end myTest

If you're still pre-3.0 then something like

on mouseUp
   put myTest() into tArray
   put tArray["othervalue"] into mySimpleVariable
   delete variable tArray["othervalue"]
   put the keys of tArray
end mouseUp

function myTest