When they ask, what is this written in?

Hugh Senior h at FlexibleLearning.com
Mon Dec 1 15:14:46 EST 2008

Richmond wrote
> Personally I like "xTalk", (snip)

Sadhu wrote
> I vote for xTalk or X-talk.

Unfortunately xTalk, XTalk, X-Talk (or however you want to spell it) is
already part of the programming language landscape to cover any scripting
language from HyperCard onwards. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XTalk

My current preference (of no intrinsic value at all, but of no less value
than anyone else's) is 'RevCode' for the language and 'Revolution' for the
IDE. Revolution is thus distinct from MetaCard for those of us who prefer
that environment, and RevCode seems to have an appropriate ring to it for
those with 'traditionalist expectations'. I wish I could claim I thought of
the term but someone else on this list did, so well done to him/her!

/H