answer file with more than one image type

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Dec 1 00:55:20 EST 2008

> One more question.
> After I import an image and resize it down to be a button icon, does
> RunRev purge all the extra image data from the original and give the
> now imbedded picture a smaller size?

If all you are doing is changing its rectangle by dragging handles, then Rev
keeps alls the extra data. In fact, if you don't lock the image (set the
lockLocation of the image to "true") and you leave the card and come back,
you'll see that it has expanded again to its normal size.

If you want it to purge the extra image information, you can resize it down,
then execute this line of code:

  set the imageData of img 1 to (the imageData of img 1)

I know it doesn't seem like it should do anything, but it does.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com