Fill up a form using revbrowser

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Aug 29 17:01:21 EDT 2008

Ciao Paolo,

I don't know how to do it in a way that the user can see it happening,
but, you can open the webpage and pick the HTMLText property of
RevBrowser, then look for the form elements in there and assemble your
POST request by hand, then post it.

If you know from the start what page you'll be dealing with, you can
just script the post request and set the HTMLText to the result (you
might need to rewrite the links inside to make them absolute links
though).

It gets harder if the form uses javascript or ajax stuff since this
makes the HTMLContext property out of sync with what is really
happening...

Andre