[OT] Gorilla Marketing

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri Aug 29 08:50:23 EDT 2008

Dear Richmond,

if you have something to say to me, I always have an open ear for you,
but do not try to be subtle on me, k? Does not work for non native
speakers. I at least have the guts to address the kid directly without
posting some vague messages. (Left out smiley intentionally)

The "subtile" note your message brings across to me leads me to the
conclusion that you did not get the point. If he wants to use my
artwork this is not a big deal, I am pretty relaxed about copyright. I
am not the suits and would not go unleashing the bloodhounds on the
poor kids parents. However there is something the kid id propably not
aware of, but which truly gets me upset. I do not want to pay for
somebody elses cosmetics! If that makes me a gorilla, fine. If it does
not fit your open sauce attitude also fine. You know me long enough
from this list, to be able to judge that I am always willing to help
out with stuff. If I am asked. Actually you used some of my stuff in
your early demo stacks. You cared to ask me and that´s fine. I would
not not have bothered if you wouldn´t have asked, as you did not put
the hand in my wallet. So it would be unlikely your usage of my stuff
had the potential to drive me out of business. I still have to pay for
the traffic on my server and a *linked* image on a youtube profile can
go terribly wrong. Each time that boys profile is viewed he causes
load on my server that I have better use for. Now let him do the next
"big thing" there and I will be unable to feed my family.

Now, if you feel like it, continue being "subtle". <g>

Malte