Suggestion: Arrays in Rev3 beta

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 05:15:40 EDT 2008

Hi David,
I'm not sure if there will be any additional features added to the beta at
this stage (I don't know at what point they decide to cut off on features
for a beta release).  However, as far as Rev behaving in this way, I believe
that dictionaries from many languages return keys in an unpredictable order
(I seem to remember that in Java they say that this is the case with hash
tables for performance reasons).  So, even if the development team are
amenable to your suggestion, it may have a performance impact.

Personally the returned keys being unordered has never been an issue for me.
 Can you illustrate some situations where this is a problem?

Bernard