EeePC follow-up: working with Rev

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Aug 27 16:11:52 EDT 2008

Hi Chipp,

I too have an EeePC (the 1000h w/10" screen). I absolutely love it!!!! The
first thing I did was install Ubuntu (special version modified for tiny
screens). I can boot into XP home or Ubuntu Hardy in less than a minute. I
have Rev installed in both OS's. The greatest thing I added was the leather
cover/case from
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6971  Everyone
thinks it is a day-timer/planner until I open it and start typing. :-)
Another cool add-on for dual-boot systems is the EXT2FS for Windows. This
allows Windows to see the Linux partition as another drive letter. This
way, I can keep my Rev stacks centralized regardless of which OS that I am
currently running. More info on this add-on is available at
http://www.fs-driver.org/   I know the smaller versions of the Eee may be
too small for Revs Objects menu, but on the 10" screen it fits in the
1024x768 compressed mode. In Ubuntu, only 1024x600 is available and the
bottom of the menu is cut off. You can get around this by rotating the
screen 90 degrees (via built-in software) to click OK. Eventually I hope
the 768 compressed video driver will be supported. Or better yet... if Rev
had an Eee version of the RevGUI.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>