[OT] Copyright infringement, sometimes a good way to do guerilla marketing :o)

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Aug 27 05:11:57 EDT 2008

Hi list,

this an absolutely off topic post...

I was reading my serverlogs yesterday night an have been a little
puzzled of why a relevant amount of Traffic comes from youTube. Until
now I was using youTube only passively. Looking at the detailed log
revealed that some kid in the US has 'borrowed' the logo of one of my
games to display as his background image. Not he did only use it
without asking, but he also linked it directly from my server. I was
unsure what to do.

You can see my reaction here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-9DeTyGLhE

Until now the kid does not seem to have noticed. <g>

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicguy777

All the best and have a good day,

Malte