revbrowser issue

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Tue Aug 26 07:36:50 EDT 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 1:12 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> I think we may have seen this a few times, in a project we're
> currently working on.  Mac OS 10.4, on Intel.

Thanks for the reply!
Mac OS 10.5.4 PPC (Rev 2.0, 3.0)

> If I'm right (it's not really my project, and I'm out of the office
> and don't have access to it right now) this isn't whenever the
> browser is loading a page because a link has been clicked in the
> page, but only when it is directed to load a page 'from outside', ie
> by rev code.  In our project this only happens when we first open
> the browser (ie we start the browser pointing at a particular page
> on a site, and then leave the user to navigate around that site).
> That might account for why we've seen this much less than 5-10% of
> the time - would that accord with your experience?

Same thing here.

> Also I have a notion, which I can't now check, that when the blank
> white page is displayed, links in it are still hot - ie as if the
> browser has simply missed an opportunity to update the screen, but
> is "in it's own mind" displaying the page.

Same wavelength here  ;-)
I checked that by using revBrowserGet(tBrowserId, "htmltext")  and found
that the html was pulled from the server but not displayed in the
browser.

> If that is correct, does revBrowserRedraw work around the problem?

Tried that with no happiness. I tried a raft of things but no success.

I had a feeling that somehow it wasn't being closed properly between
displays but could not find any clues or fixes.

What I've resorted to, after spending way too many hours on this, has
been
to pull the "InetBrowser" stack out of the Sample Browser. I'm slowly
hiding
bits and deleting other bits until it can come close to my
requirements for
use & interface.  I've done 75 repetitions so far with no blank/white
problem.

Next up,  I'll try to use a custom window shape while I have six
Ganesh statues
and one BVMary arranged around the machine. If that works I will ship
with an
easter egg of the same hidden inside   ;-)  Pray for our success.

sims
ClipaSearch Pro
http://www.ClipaTools.com

Across Platforms - Code and Culture