Where are the objects of a stack after 'start using'?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Aug 23 14:06:18 EDT 2008

This is a bit of a newbie question, even though I've been using RunRev
for a very long time. Embarrassing, but there you are.

I am trying to construct a library by writing stacks and inserting
their scripts into the message path with 'start using'. So far, so
good. Then I wanted to set a custom prop in a library stack, and
RunRev silently rejected this, presumably because the stack although
being used, wasn't in the 'stacks in use'. Confusing, isn't it?

What if I want the objects in a library stack to be available to my
application? How do I create a library of objects? I obviously don't
understand how the whole 'start using' thing works. Can I do 'start
using' and afterwards actually go to or open my library stack so that
its objects and properties become public property so to speak? Any
info gratefully received.

TIA

Graham